Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Topper/Wreath

 Yesterday and today, I spent decorating for Christmas.   🎅      I had my music going and having fun.  This was always my favorite holiday.


Each year I make it a point to make a new decoration for myself.  Well, this year I kept seeing this table topper all over Facebook.  I seen it in fall colors, summer and even Christmas.  Now, I am not one to buy patterns (some may even call me cheap).
Anyway, I made my own pattern.  Because of this, I cannot give out complete details as to how I made it.


I made 12 squares of light and dark fabrics.  The light was going to be my top, so I made a dark green boarder all around it.  
With right sides together, I sewed all around them keeping a small opening for turning around.  


I then sewed 1/4 inch all around to close my hole and to add strength.
(Oh, I also have a heavy batting inside my squares)

Next was the tricky, but the fun part.  I made myself a template so I could attach each one to another to form a perfect circle.  Marking each square, I sewed them together.


After they were all sewn together, I hand sewn a pearl bead on each point.  It opens the flaps plus I felt it added a little to it.


Here is the back...


And now the front...


I can put a candle or whatever in the center.  I even seen one hanging on a door.  I myself am going to use it for a centerpiece on my table, with a candle.


These don't take long to make, very easy and fun, and you can make them for any occasion/holiday.  They would make great Christmas presents.

OK, got lots to do and time is starting to run out.

HAPPY QUILTING EVERYONE!!






3 comments:

Linda said...

This is beautiful!!! Thank you for the sorta tuitorial! I'd like to make one too! I love the pearl! It makes it very special!

Linda said...

I just wanted to come back and tell you that I successfully made a wreath just from your pictures!!! 😃 I gave it to a dear friend for Christmas! She lives it, and I look forward to making more!

Linda said...

Loves it!